Tuesday, September 29, 2015

YouTube: Maria Forleo and Elizabeth Gilbert Talk Creativity and So Much More

This morning I went for a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood. The weather is in the 70s this week in Kansas City and it's so easy to just put on my Oofos sandals, shorts, grab a water bottle and my phone/headphones and GO.

Today I was armed with something to listen to. My list is really stacking up so I'll be sharing with you as I get the chance to listen. My friend Christine Shuck of The Deadly Nightshade (also a writer) told me yesterday about this YouTube video since we are both in love with Elizabeth Gilbert. It's over 45 minutes, so I knew it would take me two walks to finish ... or maybe later today I'll sneak in listening to the rest of it somehow!

What I've heard so far is so inspiring! She has such a way with words, that Gilbert! I have her book Big Magic on the way to me before I go on vacation with my family (thanks to my husband for the rockin' pre-anniversary gift) and am super excited, being a creative person and all that. But I think we are ALL creative! This book is going to be so amazing for so many people!


Anyway, no, I don't WATCH the video as I'm walking or I'd likely trip and die ... I just put it on and listen and absorb the awesomeness. So far I've learned about fear (it's good!), authenticity, writing to help others versus yourself, shit sandwiches and the fact that just because you put your all into something (ahem, like a direct sales business) doesn't mean you are going to get to the top or succeed. Get real!

Here you go! Let me know what you think!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this info with me, Christine! Love it so far!

    ReplyDelete