Friday, June 3, 2016

Why Should You Get to Inbox Zero?


So last fall I wrote about Inbox Zero, the concept of always keeping your email inbox at ... well, ZERO!

I did it then it crept back up into the 500s with 200-something unread. I have used the same Yahoo address for a zillion years and don't want to change it now, but it's SLOOOOW. Something happens when I log in ... it just craaaaawwwwls. So going through email STINKS.

Anyway, this morning I was going through some stuff, digging through all 500+ looking for something I kind of remembered getting, but when?

It was a call for parenting articles for a specific month. WHERE IS IT?

I was spending too much time looking for it when I came upon one from A MONTH AGO asking for a specific article for June. It's June 3, now, people. They won't need it anymore.

Then I found one from April asking to use a specific article. It's for July so MAYBE I caught that one in time or maybe they moved on to another writer who knows how to respond in a timely manner.

I LOST MONEY by not having an organized and low-count email inbox.

I'm also getting ready to send email to a ton of editors to update my book on getting paid to write parenting articles and my email needs to be pristine.

I sign up for subscriptions I never read, so there is a waste of time, and we all know time could be turned into money if we weren't messing with our email all day long.

What are your struggles with email?

No comments:

Post a Comment